Grilling fish (or heck, even baking fish) can be intimidating. Will it taste too ‘fishy,’ or be too overcooked?
I get it. That’s why I’m confident you’ll LOVE this easy recipe!
It’s so simple—with basic ingredients + unbelievably easy instructions. Use this recipe with fresh fish from the market, or frozen tilapia filets from the grocery store if you’re far from a coast. It’s delicious either way. (And if you want tips on buying fish when you’re not living oceanside? Check out this story to help your search!
Top grilled fish with a peach or mango salsa, and serve with sides of rice and grilled veggies for a perfect summer dinner. Add a glass of excellent chardonnay for pure supper perfection.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia filets
- Rinse tilapia filets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Place in gallon-sized Ziploc bag; add filets to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour (I prefer 2-3 hours).
- Tear four separate squares of aluminum foil.
- Remove tilapia from marinade, wrapping each tilapia filet individually in aluminum foil.
- Grill over medium heat, 4 minutes per side.