If low-cal is the goal, this isn’t the drink for you.
However, if a warm-you-to-the-core and feel snuggle-rific beverage sounds toasty, then you’ve just met your next love.
Melt away winter’s chill with this hot sipper. Consider it the drink dessert treat to warm a gal (or guy) from head to feet.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Boiling water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, lemon peel, cinnamon and allspice. Beat until well combined.
- Use immediately, or (the best part!) you can cover and store this deliciousness for up to a month in your fridge.
- For 1 serving, scoop 1 rounded tablespoon of the butter mixture into a mug. Add 3 tablespoon rum and ½ cup boiling water. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if you wish. Stir well, then bottom’s up!
Yields about 1 cup of butter mixture, or 10 6-ounce servings.