Recharge. Focus on mental health.
Hey, it’s a beautiful thing.
Beauty is not just about skincare, fashion or the right makeup trends. It’s projected by our attitudes. What we feel within is often what’s projected outwardly to the world.
Nurturing our own mental health is as important as maintaining physical health. And when mental and physical health co-exist? It’s a beautiful energy and refreshing zest for this journey of life.
So as life bursts into brilliant color outdoors, why not focus on finding our own inner radiance to shine?
1. Screen Break. Most of us stare at our phone/ computer screens more than we care to admit. Being sucked into a digital world (particularly on social media) can powerfully zap inner energy and productivity. When friends post pics, sipping umbrella drinks and soakin’ up sunshine, it’s easy to host a silent pity-party while sitting at your desk. Stop it! Take a quick glance if you must, and then? Put it away. Feel grateful. If you can’t see your own blessings? Look more closely.
2. New ‘Do’ For You. It’s late spring and winter weariness should be put to bed, so why not start the new season with a new do? Go short and sleek, or wispy and sassy. Pixie cuts are back for a simple, high-fashion look. Or, opt for the mid-length texturized cut. This cut keeps hair length at the collar bone and can be both confident and sexy, whether worn curly or straightened. Or, let your long hair dry naturally instead of straightening the locks. You may discover you’ve been a Bohemian princess all along.
3. Mindfulness is Power. Remember to engage your senses. Be intentional during the day. Feel your toes. Ponder scents around you, the colors, the sounds and textures. Soak it all in and feed your senses. Breathe deeply. You may be amazed at how relaxed you feel afterward—even if your intentional mindfulness lasts 5 minutes or less.
4. Make A List. And we’re not talking groceries. Take careful inventory of your closet. What key staples are you missing? What do you wish you had? Perhaps it’s as simple as a new black belt or yellow heels to match the dress you’ve been waiting to wear. Slip the list in your purse so during the next shopping spree selections can be simple—and intentional. Check off list items as they’re purchased for a small ‘win’ of accomplishment.
5. Love Your Skin. Remember to wear sunscreen to protect against skin cancers. Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and every two hours after if you’ll be in the rays, and apply a moisturizer with SPF30 or higher on the daily. And, why not indulge in a facial to rejuvenate your skin this spring? Check out organic facials which use fruits, berries and spices rather than chemicals. Your skin will be refreshed AND rejuvenated.
6. Nail It. Try a new trend this spring. From nudes to dipped French manicures to mood polish, the trends are a’plenty, so opt for something outside your norm.
7. Eye-opening Lines. Not pickup lines. We’re talking eyeliner—a quick, fun way to enhance your look. With so many options available now, opt for a basic black, enhanced by a trendy shimmer look.
With just a few small tweaks, enjoy feeling beautifully energized as spring steadies back into our worlds.