Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze
What salad better celebrates warm temps + a relaxed summer attitude than Caprese?
Beautiful, delicious and fresh. Serve me up!
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. honey
- 3 large tomatoes
- Mozzarella slices (we purchase the pre-sliced, 16 oz. packages)
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves
- ¼ c. olive oil
- To make the balsamic reduction, in a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook over high heat to a boil; then reduce heat to low + simmer until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Slice tomatoes in ¼-inch slices. Alternate on a plate: one tomato slice, then one slice mozzarella until all tomatoes are used.
- Place basil leaves decoratively atop cheese slices.
- Top with olive oil and balsamic reduction.
- Add salt + pepper.
Speed Caprese Lunch Salad
For an easy, single-serving of caprese on your lunch hour? Here’s a quick prep that avoids cooking the reduction, but tastes just as good!
- Cut tomato into bite-sized pieces + place in a serving-sized bowl.
- Cut mozzarella slices into bite-sized pieces; mix with tomatoes.
- Slice fresh basil leaves + stir into tomato mixture.
- To taste, drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey directly onto tomato-cheese-basil mixture.
- Top with salt + pepper.
And voila! You’re finished. Enjoy your easy-to-eat, super fresh, single serving lunch.