Cupid’s arrows are soaring and hearts are a’swooning. So, why not make this pretty gem for the one who puts a sparkle in your eye?
Simple, yet it looks elegant. It’s the perfect sweet pie for your sweetie-pie.
- 1 tube of refrigerated pre-made sugar cookie dough
For the frosting:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from ½ lemon
- whole raspberries, to form outline of heart
- sliced strawberries, to fill inside of heart
- Spread cookie dough over square or rectangular cookie sheet. Bake according to package directions. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, place cookie crust on serving dish.
- In medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over cooled crust, nearly to edge of crust, keeping even spacing around perimeter of your shape.
- Arrange fruit in the shape of a heart, centered, on top of your sweet pie. Place raspberries, round-side down with peaks up, to form a heart shape. Fill the heart with sliced strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.