Oh, yes. What refreshes better than cold lemonade–and what looks extra dainty and festive for your Mother’s Day celebration? This recipe. 🙂 Give it a try, won’t you?
Simple and made with delicious, fresh ingredients, this basil lemonade can be enjoyed as is–or transform it into a tasty adult beverage for the 21+ crowd by adding a splash of gin or vodka.
Versatile, pretty, tasty and oh, so refreshing. It’s a pitcher perfect way to celebrate Mom.
- 2 bottles (64 oz. each) pre-made lemonade
- 16 ounces fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and/or blackberries)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups gin or vodka, optional
- Add berries and basil to bottom of a large pitcher. Slightly muddle berries and basil to release flavors.
- Add lemonade and stir to combine. Refrigerate 2 hours to allow flavors to mix.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with additional basil leaf or berries.