Cozy. Warm. Easy.
What more can we ask for in the chill of January?
Give this comfort food recipe a try. We bet it’ll become one of your cold-weather faves to warm the spirit and the soul.
Yields 6 servings. Unless you’re freezing in the Midwest. Then it serves one.
- 1 teaspoon olive (or vegetable) oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 48 ounce box chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) cheese tortellini (found in refrigerated section)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive or vegetable oil.
- Add minced garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve in individual bowls; top with pepper and parmesan cheese.
*To lower sodium intake, use no-salt diced tomatoes and no-sodium (or reduced sodium) chicken broth.