Fall’s Sweetest Apple Crisp
There’s no scent to emit cozy feelings quite like warm, sweet apple crisp. Bake this favorite and the scents of nutmeg-and-fall will fill your home. It’s simple to make, seasonally nostalgic, and oh, so tasty. We think your fam’ will ‘fall’ in love with it.
Enjoy using this season’s amazing apples, or substitute apples for peaches to create another delicious dish. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to indulge in a little autumn heaven on earth.
- 5 cups sliced, peeled apples
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apple slices in an 8×1 ½ inch round baking dish. Stir in sugar.
- In mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
Serve warm with ice cream, or enjoy as is.