You guessed it:
Peaches and Cream
So, it’s the bitter winter in the Midwest and on the East coast—and out in sunny Arizona, we are loving our temperatures. BUT, no matter where you may live—and no matter the temps outdoors—this recipe is a refreshing change from the ho-hum of normal kitchen routines.
When you truly want a refreshing dessert that can be served in large or small sizes, this one tops my list of favorites! Even better? It’s easy to make and can be kept chilled until needed.
My version is made with peach pie filling (and it might be good with other pie fillings also but I haven’t tried that yet… if you do, please let me know how it goes!).
The topping is so good and also could be used on other desserts. All in all, I think you’ll find this to be a deliciously sweet and versatile recipe.
Peaches and Cream Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 21 oz. can peach pie filling, smashed up
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon almond flavoring
1. With a mixer, beat all ingredients until smooth.
2. Pour into a greased 9” x 13” pan.
3. Bake in a preheated, 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
1 ½ cups milk
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
8 ounce tub cool whip, thawed
1. Whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes until thick.
2. Add 8 ounces cool whip and mix together.
3. Frost cake, then chill until served.