Easy Pizza Dough
Sure, a soft, candlelit dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day sounds romantic. But, this year? Why not stay home, bake a homemade pizza + cuddle with your honey by the fire?!
This pizza dough recipe is easy, fun and oh, so delicious. We think you’ll fall in love.
And it’s not just any pizza dough recipe, mind you. It’s what my mother made on Friday nights for the fam’. And it’s the recipe I used when my kiddos were young—and we still use today even though my babes are now busily adulting.
Last weekend, during the Midwest’s winter’s chill? I made it again + devoured its deliciousness in front of a cozy fire. It’s the little things that mean so much—like an amazing family pizza dough recipe, shared directly with YOU.
Prep time: 10 minutes Rise time: 5+ hours
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, stirring together with spoon.
- Stir in flour to make a solid dough.
- With floured hands, knead dough into a large ball.
- Add an additional tablespoon vegetable oil on top of dough ball, allowing oil to cover dough. Leave dough ball in the large bowl, and cover bowl loosely with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside on counter.
- Let the dough rise for several hours (5+ hours).
- Spread risen pizza dough in desired pan with fingertips. Top with your choice of toppings. We use pizza sauce, pepperoni, browned ground beef, chopped red onion, chopped green pepper, sliced mushroom—and then load ‘er up with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 450-degree oven, approximately 20 minutes.