Easy Beef-Vegetable Soup
What melts winter’s chill better than homemade soup? This easy beef-vegetable soup is hearty enough for a meal, and tasty enough to become one of your family faves.
Give it a try. It’s a favorite in my household—and just yesterday I had a request for the recipe. So, here it is for everyone.
Easy, tasty and a true comfort food for you and your fam’… enjoy.
- 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels
- 16-ounce can cut up tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ½ cups cubed, peeled potatoes
- 1 cup frozen, cut green beans
- 1 cup peeled, sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Brown stew meat in hot vegetable oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients, PLUS 8 cups water.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
*makes 6 main-dish servings.